Stevens Shakes Hallam.


Posted 02nd November 2014 - Posted in Match Reports Hallam started the day in confident mood having moved off the foot of the table, however opponents Louth have been in good form and today was always going to be a tough game. Hindley made two changes to the starting line up by including Osborne and giving a debut to Michael Blythen, the bench saw a return to Kistell and Parks. The game started and stopped just as quickly as the referee found problems with nearly all the match balls, a delay of a few minutes while he was satisfied the correct pressure had been reached, when the game eventually settled and re~started Blythen introduced himself to the Hallam faithful by hitting a sweet volley that the keeper did well to keep out. Louth came back at Hallam only for Hall to put in a last gasp block to prevent the ball reaching their front man, the game took a while to really get into second gear and it was Louth who had the next chance, a well struck free kick on the 18 minute mark hitting the post. Osborne then went on one of his runs and his effort was well struck but unfortunately cleared the bar, Louth came straight back at Hallam and a long ball found Norton clean through, Bark was quick off his line and dived at his feet, little or no contact was made after Bark clipped the ball away however the Referee pointed to the spot, Stevens stepping up for the visitor’s and firing them into the lead. HT 0 –1 Second half team talks out the way and it was obvious from the outset that Hallam meant business, with spectators just settling back into their seats Blythen opened his scoring account after a quick free kick from Flynn found him in space, Blythen saw his chance and calmly chipped the keeper to level the scores. Moments later Hallam nearly took the lead after a great run by Osborne found the head of Flynn, however his effort just the wrong side of the cross bar. It was all Hallam now as they really went for it, Osborne terrorised the full backs, Mirfin with a great ball to Blythen but just out of his reach and Blythen again with a well struck volley that the keeper did well to tip round his near post. Then Hallam saw a return of bad luck, a well struck effort clearly crossed the line and Drury in the Louth goal got his hands on it and pulled it backwards, at this moment Kistell did what any player does follow the ball and make sure it goes in, however the referee deemed Kistell had fouled the keeper and disallowed the goal, very harsh decision. With the clock ticking down Hallams luck had definitely run out, Louth’s front man concentrating on the cross ran into Flynn who stood his ground, again the referee waved to the spot saying Flynn had elbowed him, the deemed it a straight red much to the confusion of everyone, Stevens again stepping up and giving the visitors the lead. We have seen it too many times trailing 2 – 1, pushing up to equalise and get caught on the counter attack, well today was no different, into injury time and Louth made it 3 – 1, a score line that is at best very flattering. FT 1 – 3 MOM: Michael Blythen . . . .Not fully match fit but his touch and vision is something else, rounded off by a great goal, welcome to Hallam Michael.

Article Comments

No comments


Club Shop

Advertise with us

We are proudly sponsored by leading local firms in our community. To join us, please visit our rate card for site advertising opportunities.

See more