Hallam Stop On Amber


Posted 05th November 2014 - Posted in Match Reports Hallam made the trip to Handsworth Parramore in the third round of the Senior Cup knowing it was always going to be a tricky tie, with Hindley and a few Players returning to their former club it was going to be a night where bragging rights would apply. Hindley needed to re~shuffle his pack due to Cup tied and unavailable players, Dean returned in goal, with Flannery and Robinson returning in the back four. Opening minute saw Blythen test the Parramore keeper after a good run, however the keeper was able to gather the ball. This however was the last chance Hallam would have for the next 20 minutes as Parramore threw everything at Hallam, the post was rattled on 8 minutes and the rebound blocked, then Parramore took the lead on 9 as a good cross found the unmarked Critchlow who got his first of the night. Critchlow again came close forcing Dean on a few occasions to get down well and keep Hallam in the game, Parramore again hit the post on 12 minutes, Dean the much busier of the two keepers. Hallam had weathered the storm and now took the game to Parramore, Blythen again forcing a good save from a vicious free kick, Osborne was now seeing more of the ball and his pace was causing problems, Blythen unlucky again as Osborne found his head with a great ball. Now every game has a bit of controversy and it came on the half hour mark, Owen went on a direct run into the box, with the keeper to beat he was bundled over from behind and after appeals from the Hallam bench, Players and travelling support nothing was given. With half time looming Hallam got a deserved equaliser when a good long ball found Blythen in space, with his usual confidence he slotted the ball home to level the score line. However Hallam pressed the self destruct button by giving away a needless free kick on the edge of the area, Travis stepping up and putting the ball out of Dean’s reach to restore their lead, the last action of the half saw another Blythen effort tipped round the post. HT 2 – 1 Second half underway and the game ebbed and flowed, with Hallam playing some good football it was a case of who was going to get the next chance. Fairweather came close just after the hour mark when his header just cleared Parramores crossbar, spurred on by this Fairweather went on one of his strong runs moments later, he saw his chance and hit a shot from all over 25 yards out, the keeper had no chance and Hallam had got a deserved equaliser. The game was there to be won and it showed as both teams wanted it, unfortunately for Hallam it would be Parramore who took the lead, a ball into the area was met by the slightest touch from Critchlow but it was enough for him to get his second of the night. Hallam didn’t give in, Kistell fresh from the bench hit a superb volley from way out on the wing, the keeper would have had no chance but sadly the effort was just over, minutes later Flynn tested the keeper but his shot was tipped over. At 3 – 2 the result would have been a good reflection of the game for either side, however into the final minutes and Travis found Critchlow who sealed his night with a hat trick. FT 4 – 2 What a great advert for football, two good footballing sides playing the game how it should be played, no bad tackles, played in good spirit and on the whole officials who let the game flow. With key players missing and a back four with an average age of only 19 against a full strength Parramore side, the Hallam lads can hold their heads high. MOM: Tom Fairweather . . . . Outstanding performance throughout the game, strong, confident, some great challenges and runs, topped off with a ‘’fifa’’ goal, well done!!!!

Article Comments

No comments


Club Shop

Advertise with us

We are proudly sponsored by leading local firms in our community. To join us, please visit our rate card for site advertising opportunities.

See more